Rules, Questions & Answers
- Strict adherence to CDA R2 will not be tested - no validation will be performed. The principles underpinning CDA and the HL7 RIM are being assessed in this challenge.
- CDA R2 entries rely extensively on codes for their semantics. These codes must be used in the transformation process - displayName attributes should not be required. Solutions will be tested with and without “displayName” attributes.
- All HL7, LOINC, SNOMED, or other external vocabularies should be included in the phase 2 solution script/application bundle, if a bundle is submitted as the solution.
- All <text> markup fragments will be removed from the “heavy” discharge summary sample prior to testing in phase 2, except where the coded entry explicitly references a text item.
- Both organisations and individuals are eligible to enter.
- The use of open source toolkits such as Open Health Tools Model-Driven Health Tools may be used, and are encouraged.
- There will likely be a small set of possible Medicines (drugs) terminologies allowed to be used to cater for national variations. (details to follow)